Saturday 23 July 2011

www.Spoonflower.com

I have been abit busy this week, so expect a small deluge of blog posts today.

I have been looking into printing my own textiles (inspired by a recent visit to Collier Campbell).  I have visited London based print facilities but also online services such as Spoonflower (who are US based).  Their website looks really good and I ordered their swatch book.  After waiting patiently for over 4 weeks (as per their advice in case of delay but I hadn't really expected to happen) which I was abit miffed about, I finally chased them and they were super helpful and straight forward and  Fed-Exed it to me to arrive the next day.....so I am all-appeased now : )  Their Silk crepe de chine and Linen-Cotton canvas look particularly good.


Just wondering if you have printed your own textile designs/ artwork?  Or can share suggestions, thoughts and stories?  I would love to hear - thank you : )

4 comments:

  1. Hi - I too am interested in Spoonflower - have you managed to find a UK equivalent? I have printed small textiles from collage that's been scanned. Crafty computer paper.com does various kinds of fabric, including silk and linen that does a passable job for small amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited a north London family run place, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for and LCC (London College of Communication) which I am local too, were pricey, though I am sure they would do a really high-end job because I would be able to "proof" in person, so I am still considering them. I am looking to start on a small scale - thanks for the suggestion, I will check them out : ) Keep in touch with this post or my blog (thanks for following) and I will update and hopefully more suggestions will come through - thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done anything like that, but it seems like a great way to design you pieces from the ground up! That is so cool!

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a beautiful idea, getting your own fabric printed! Maybe do a search for textile colleges/schools, maybe someone can point you towards a UK company :)

    ReplyDelete